Xbox 360 Store Closing in July

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style

Microsoft is closing the Xbox 360 Store in July, which now means you have a little less than three months to purchase any non-backwards compatible Xbox games before they're delisted for good.

If you somehow missed it last year, Microsoft announced it was shutting down the Xbox 360 Store on July 29, 2024. This means that from July 29, you will no longer be able to purchase any content from the storefront, including games, trials, add-ons, avatar items, apps, gamerpics, game trailers, and videos. As a result of the shutdown, any digital-only games and DLC expansions that are not backwards compatible will be delisted and lost to the digital ether.

To get a handle on what games and DLC will be lost, TrueAchievements member LuckyKant has created a huge list of all the content that can only be purchased on the Xbox 360 storefront and will be gone for good by the end of July. This list (or there is a Google Sheet if you prefer) provides an excellent breakdown of the digital-only non-backwards compatible games that are still up for purchase and even includes information on discontinued and unobtainable achievements. If you're looking to fill out your digital Xbox 360 collection ahead of the closure, make sure you have a good flick through this invaluable resource.

As a reminder, you will still be able to download any previously purchased Xbox 360 games once the store is shut down. Xbox 360 online services are also unaffected by the closure, so you will still be able to play 360 titles online provided a game's servers are still live. Backwards compatible Xbox 360 games will still be available for purchase via the Microsoft Store.

It makes total sense to me, the Xbox 360 came out almost 19 years ago. It had one heck of a good run that's for sure. I wonder if games from a used game store will work after July?

It makes total sense to me, the Xbox 360 came out almost 19 years ago. It had one heck of a good run that's for sure. I wonder if games from a used game store will work after July?

Those would and anything you buy prior to the closing date can still be downloaded. You just cant use the store on the 360 anymore after that.

It's a real shame and I have no idea if homebrew is a solution but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a way or plenty of physical media to choose from.

This is sad news for Xbox 360 gamers who still use the Xbox 360 Store.

They shouldn't be closing anything down. How do these companies expect people to buy their digital-only games if they shut off the only place to get those games? That's just my opinion on it. I'm not actually an Xbox person either but it still sucks that this has to keep happening

They shouldn't be closing anything down. How do these companies expect people to buy their digital-only games if they shut off the only place to get those games? That's just my opinion on it. I'm not actually an Xbox person either but it still sucks that this has to keep happening

They want you to move onto the next big thing.

Back